In the Old Testament there are all sorts of signs and images which point to the future, to the New Testament and to the person, ministry, death and Resurrection of...
The “old” St Augustine’s School was based in the Emmanuel Cathedral Parish Centre from 1906 to 1956, when the “new” St Augustine’s was opened opposite the Greyville Race Course. As you will be aware, the Parish Centre has now been demolished and the Denis Hurley Centre is being constructed on the same site.
Past pupils of St Augustine’s have undertaken to raise funds for the museum and interpretive centre that will be based in the new centre. One of their main fundraising projects is to sell 500 bricks which have been saved from the old building. These will be used for the coffee bar counter in the new centre. One of the past pupils, Tony Stals, a retired master builder, will do the bricklaying for the counter, making a living link between the old and the new buildings.
Please contact any of the following people:
Daphne Goad on 084 60661251/031 2083745 or email email@example.com;
Ekkie Esau 0843377378;
Tony Stals 0827764737/0312073782;
Peter Stalls 0786525375;
Mari Bob 0813044151/0314036768.