If evidence was needed to prove how the bothers of life can so easily entrap us and become a barrier to hearing the Lord’s words as he tries to travel...
The SACBC Family Life Desk on behalf of the Bishops Conference every 3rd year uses the Sunday readings of weeks 21-27 of Year B as a foundation for a focus on marriage. The 2012 MARRIAGE CAMPAIGN has as its theme MARRIAGE AND YOU, recognising that marriage is a sacrament of the Church for everyone as well as the couples. Resource material on the many aspects of marriage e.g. marriage preparation, enrichment, faith sharing for couples, widowed, divorced etc. for use in parishes, homes, catechesis, SCCs and other groups is available from the Family Life Desk, MARFAM and various dioceses and family movements.
- PART 4 of the DAY BY DAY WITH GOD AND FAMILY booklets is built on the theme MARRIAGE AND YOU and offers brief reflections, references to Church teaching and scripture, Renewal of Vows and more. Parts of the booklet are available on request by email in various local languages. Cost R8.
- FAMILY MATTERS magazine No 2 of 2012 takes up the MARRIAGEAND YOU focus with more in-depth articles on marriage in South Africa and the Church today and information about the recognised local marriage movements. Cost R12.
- LITURGY SUGGESTIONS, HOMILY NOTES and suggestions for MARRIAGE DAY celebration are available.
- RADIO VERITAS during the weekly FAMILY MATTERS programme and also during other programmes will highlight aspects of marriage.
- MINI-CONFERENCE at Paulines on date to be confirmed. “How do AFRICA’S COMMITMENT and the AFRICAN SYNOD address the reality of marriage in our country?”
- Opportunities for retreats, workshops, parish talks and Couple Reconciliation to prepare for MARRIAGE DAY on 7 October can be arranged through the FL Desk or many other local resource people.
ARCHBISHOP WILLIAM SLATTERY, chairman of the Department for Evangelisation recommends, “This project of the SACBC Family Life Desk is a moment of grace for us all, a time for renewal of our commitment to being family in the Church as Family of God in Africa. On behalf of the bishops of our region I encourage every diocese, parish, group and especially families and you our couples to use this opportunity well. As we together celebrate the Sacrament of Marriage and then enter the Year of Faith may your love for one another and for God deepen. “
ORDER MATERIALS FROM MARFAM, email@example.com
Download from www.marfam.org.za/blog in due course, or contact diocesan offices and family movements.
CONTACT TONI ROWLAND.